‘Tis the Season to Fund CHIP
“The CHIP Program Is Beloved. Why Is Its Funding in Danger?” New York Times Editorial Board 12/5/2017
While the U.S. Senate has been focused on tax reform, they turned a blind eye toward millions of kids who are at risk of losing their health coverage soon. It’s been more than two months since funding for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) expired.
This winter, many U.S. states will run short on money for continuing health coverage for these low-income children in working families. Senators must not leave kids and their families out in the cold this holiday season!
Feeling frustrated? Trying to figure out a unique way to communicate with your senators? Your opportunity to be champion for children’s health is here!
Speak Now for Kids and Little Lobbyists together will deliver your personalized holiday cards to U.S. senators urging them to extend CHIP now.
By December 19, please do the following:
- Download a template holiday card
- Print two (2) copies – one for each of your U.S. senators (find your senators here)
- Inside each card, urge your senators to “Extend CHIP now!” and add other information you’d like to share
- Mail both holiday cards to:
- Speak Now for Kids, 600 13th Street, NW. Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005
We’ll then hand-deliver your holiday cards to U.S. senators in the next two weeks!
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.